- It’s Grilling Season!!! As a friendly reminder, grills are not allowed on the balcony or patio of your apartment. Cooking on balconies is a lease violation and a safety concern. Please feel free to use the propane and charcoal grills provided at the pool area for all your grilling needs!
- Cigarettes can become a fire safety hazard and an eye sore if not disposed of properly. Bedding, patio furniture, and carpeting are all susceptible to lit cigarettes. Please extinguish cigarettes in the proper containers.
- Please be sure to scan your FOB every time you come through the gate after hours (Mon-Fri starting at 6:00pm and Sat-Sun starting at 5:00pm).
- Its pool season! For the safety of our residents, guests, and friends, please remember that there is NO GLASS ALLOWED in the pool area.
- You are allowed 3 guests at the pool (except for our pool party which we are currently in the process of planning, so be on the look out for your invite!)
Rosewood Crawfish Festival
The Rosewood Crawfish Festival is now in its ninth year and draws 10,000 plus excited festival attendees.
The festival brings in over 8,000 pounds of Louisiana grown crawfish prepared by one of New Orleans best crawfish chefs.
The festival includes 4 stages with music from national, regional, local and community groups.
There is also an extensive portion of the festival dedicated to children's activities (rides, face painting, fun food and a whole lot more).
The festival also has plenty of other food vendors on site if crawfish are not your thing. This festival is one of Columbia's best loved events and brings in tourists from all over the United States.
For more information on the event visit www.rosewoodcrawfishfest.com
2600 Rosewood Dr
Columbia, SC 29205
Saturday, May 11, 2013
from 11:00 AM to 8:00 PM (EDT)
Abberly at West Ashley strives to make your apartment experience enjoyable.
Tell us how we are doing!!! Please take a moment to take our resident survey located under the Survey tab at www.liveabberlyvillage.com/.
Allergies bothering you?
Hang in there! We will be pressure washing the buildings and breezeways when pollen season is over in May. You will be receiving notification beforehand to let you know when to expect it.
Fire Grilled Steak Gyros
w/ Tzatziki Sauce
- 1-2 lb Flank Steak
- 6 oz low fat Italian Salad Dressing
- 2 oz low fat plain Greek Yogurt
- 2 oz low fat sour cream
- 1.5 oz minced cucumber
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1 teaspoon dry/fresh dill
- Pack of soft pita or flat bread
- Red onion, tomato, lettuce
Marinate steak in zip lock bag with Italian dressing, salt, and pepper for at least 2 hours in the refrigerator.
In a small bowl mix yogurt, sour cream, garlic, dill, and cucumber. Salt to taste and place in refrigerator.
Cook steak on a medium/high preheated grill for approx. 12- 15 minutes turning once until medium pink center. Discard unused steak marinade.
Thinly slice the steak against the grain. Top flatbread with steak, sliced onions, tomatoes, lettuce, and Tzatziki sauce. Enjoy!!!
Find Us on Facebook!!
Like us on Facebook to stay updated with resident events, contests and community news.