May is National Burger Month and it only makes sense since Memorial Day weekend is the unofficial start of summer and grilling season! If you are looking for some nice burger recipes to celebrate it all, head out to the grill area and enjoy in your apartment in West Columbia, SC. Memorial Day is the unofficial start to grilling season and burgers are the most grilled meat there is.
To help celebrate all burgers, here is a fantastic and different burger recipe.
Cheddar BLT Burgers with Tarragon Russian Dressing
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon grated onion
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped tarragon
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 12 ounces thickly sliced bacon
- 1 1/3 pounds ground beef chuck
- 1 1/3 pounds ground beef sirloin
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 3 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, cut into 6 slices
- 6 hamburger buns, split and toasted
- 6 iceberg lettuce leaves
- 6 slices of tomato
- 6 slices of red onion
- In a medium bowl, whisk the mayonnaise with the ketchup, red wine vinegar, onion, parsley, tarragon and Worcestershire sauce. Cover and refrigerate.
- In a large skillet, cook the bacon over moderately high heat, turning once, until crisp, about 6 minutes. Drain and cut the bacon into large pieces.
- Light a grill and fill a large bowl with ice water. Gently mix the ground chuck with the ground sirloin, salt and pepper. Form the meat into six 4-inch patties, about 1 1/4 inches thick. Submerge the patties in the cold water and let soak for 30 seconds. Immediately transfer the burgers to the grill and brush with some of the melted butter. Grill over high heat for 9 minutes for medium-rare meat, turning once or twice and brushing occasionally with butter. Top the burgers with the cheese during the last minute of grilling and let melt.
- Spread the Russian dressing on the buns. Set the lettuce leaves and tomato slices on the bottom halves and top with the burgers, red onion and bacon. Close the burgers, cut in half and serve right away.
Image and Recipe - Food and Wine