If you live in Columbia Apartments you can enjoy the upcoming 35th Annual Jubilee: Festival of Heritage, celebrating culture and the contributions of Celia Mann and her descendants, a family whose roots began with the work of a freed enslaved person and continued with the entrepreneurial spirit of her descendants.
Festival activities include:
- Hands-on demonstrations from some of the region’s most skilled artists and craftsmen,
- Live musical entertainment including R&B, jazz, blues and gospel,
- Vendors with African-influenced and traditional merchandise, and
- Tours of the Mann-Simons Site, bus tours of African American heritage sites and the Modjeska Simkins property
- Live broadcast with The Big DM and Hot 103
- and many other events throughout the day.
New this year! Open mic stage - come ready to show off your talents!
Saturday, August 24, 11 am - 5 pm, Mann-Simons Site, 1403 Richland Street, Columbia, FREE and open to the public.
For more information see http://historiccolumbia.org/site/calendar/2013/08/24/events/jubilee-festival-of-heritage