If you live in an apartment in West Columbia, SC, you can enjoy the well-known and vastly enjoyed Indie Grits Festival from April 12-21, 2013 in Columbia. One of the best things about Indie Grits is its diversity. The best independent films from the Southeast are not the only things featured, you will also experience some of the finest culture in Columbia. The Grits coordinators are proud of our city, and locals and visitors alike get to experience some of its fantastic art scene. From puppets to the Philharmonic, from food to the films themselves, a festival pass gives you access to it all.
The Indie Grits Festival is presented and created by the Nickelodeon Theatre, the only non-profit, art-house theater in South Carolina. It began in 2007, designed to empower all levels of Southern filmmakers with an independent mentality and far-reaching artistic scope.
With the festival's success, in its seventh year, Indie Grits has now grown to span 11 days of film coupled with several events, presenting an array of cultural events that showcase progressive cultural life. The Indie Grits Festival is able to create exhibition opportunities for all levels of filmmakers, artists, musicians and performers and welcome thousands of festival-goers to Columbia.
What does an Indie Grits pass get you?
1) All film screenings at every venue.
2) All musical events, including Dent May, Dog Bite, & People Person at the Columbia Museum of Art and Burnt Books.
3) Slow Food - Slow Food was a success last year; don't miss out on this one! Some of Columbia's finest chefs will be showcasing local ingredients in innovative ways.
4) Cinemovements - The SC Philharmonic will be partnering with some Indie Grits alumni to create an innovative, challenging, multimedia collaboration.
5) VIP screening of We Cause Scenes - Charlie Todd, founder of New York City's Improv Everywhere, will also be in attendance for a talkback following the film.
6) Everything else, including the Spork in Hand Puppet Slam, and Hip Hop Family Day.
7) 10 days you won't forget!
More information on indiegrits.com