It is hard to believe that Thanksgiving is next week. Try not to fall victim to stress at this wonderful time of the year. The holidays are for bringing families together and filled with traditions. Decorating and entertaining in your apartment in West Columbia, SC should be fun. Here are some quick and easy ideas to get your children involved in the preparations:
- Have the children design name tags or placemats for all the guests. It also would be fun to get them laminated so the original artist could look back years from now and see the beautiful work they did when they were younger.
- Assign one child to be in charge of family photos on that day. With children being so technologically savvy these days, sometimes they are better equipped to technology than adults!
- Ask some of the children to prepare a “welcome greeting” for the guest.
- Of course, some items are prepared and frozen over this upcoming weekend. Have your young chef assist you in the kitchen!
- Create a scrap book and have colored pencils, crayons etc, on a table and as each person enters the home they can write down what they are most thankful for (if they can’t write, a cute picture will suffice).
The more you delegate and involve your kids, the more your traditions will be remembered and held close. Let everyone share a special role in this holiday!