If you live in apartments in Columbia, SC then you know the countdown is on for Chapin's 2014 Labor Day Festival.
2014 Labor Day Festival Schedule of Events.
SATURDAY, AUGUST 30
- Run or Walk A Crooked 5K for Meals on Wheels at Crooked creek Park. Race begins at 8 AM.
SUNDAY, AUGUST 31
- Celebrate with Bluegrass
- The Hinson Girls at Chapin Presbyterian Church, 600 Lexington Ave. Open Jam Session and Meal at 5 PM; Concert at 6 PM. Free Food! Free Concert, Childcare provided!
MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 1
- Labor Day program kicks off with the big parade, one of the finest in South Carolina.
- Parade starts at 9:30 AM. Parade makes a one-mile loop around town’s historic district.
- Chapin Champion talent contest will be on stage in the old Chapin Fire Station following the parade.. Food Court will be in parking lot behind the fire station.
- AMROC Model Train exhibit will be in the fire house building on Lexington Avenue, next to Lake Murray Florist.
- Following the parade, Arts and Crafts and other vendors will line Beaufort and Clark Streets. An old fashioned Gospel Concert will take place at the Chapin Christian Counseling & Grace Chapel on Boundary Street with food, fun and fellowship from 10 a.m. until 2 PM.
- The 5th Annual Classic Car Cruise-in will take place in the parking lot behind Mt. Horeb Lutheran Church from 9 AM until 1 PM. Lots of prizes to be given away.
- The Friends of the Chapin Branch Library Book Sale will be in the District 5 Alternative Academy Gym following the parade until 2:30 p.m.
- Also enjoy children’s carnival rides on Clark Street.
More information - lakemurraycountry.com/ chapinsc.com