Are you having a Memorial Day BBQ in the grill area at your apartments in West Columbia, SC? Or maybe you are heading to a picnic or party with friends to relax and celebrate. We all know that Memorial Day is the unofficial start of summer! Either way, here is a delicious and different potato salad recipe. Enjoy.
Potato salad with bacon is a delicious twist on this traditional summer side.
Bacon Potatoe Salad Recipe - Ingredients
- 6 to 8 medium potatoes (about 3 pounds), peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/2 pound bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 6 green onions, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons diced pimiento, drained
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- Garnishes: paprika, celery sticks
- Cook potatoes in boiling water to cover in a Dutch oven over medium heat 15 to 18 minutes or until tender. Drain and let cool slightly.
- Place potatoes in a large bowl. Add bacon, chopped green onions, and next 4 ingredients. Stir together mayonnaise and sour cream until blended. Pour over potato mixture, tossing gently to coat. Cover and chill at least 1 hour. Garnish, if desired.
Note: Round white potatoes work well in this recipe. To lighten, use light mayonnaise and sour cream. To make ahead, peel and cut potatoes the night before, cover with water, and chill.
Recipe and Image - myrecipes.com